Friday, December 13, 2013

What's going on?! A blog?

This is a long time coming. I've been debating, thinking, praying about starting a blog for the past 2 years. I try to read a lot and come to my own conclusions about things and have discussions and battles inside my head and sometimes I take those to actual discussions with others. This will allow me to get things out of my head and hopefully spark good conversation and evangelize.

I was also inspired by one of my favorite blogs, The Art of Manliness, with their post: How and Why to Start a Journal. Yeah, just read that.

I plan on blogging about whatever I want because it's mine, MINE I TELL YOU! Anything from my Catholic faith, bodybuilding, powerlifting, fitness, nutrition, LOTR, being a husband, being a dad, and anything else that may come up and how that is all connected is open game.

I got the name for the blog from Christoper West's new book "Fill These Hearts: God, Sex, and the Universal Longing". Christopher uses this phrase, "vertical wildness", to mean "letting good things run wild". He goes on to say, "We have wild desires in us because we're made to "go wild" with God, in God. The saints speak of this as a kind of "divine madness' or "holy intoxication." Take this desire to "go wild" horizontally (that is, to the things of this world), and you end up at a frat party. But aim it heavenward (easier said than done), and you end up launching into infinity." I think this is how life should be lived. "The glory of God is man fully alive." - St. Irenaeus.

It's taken a while to get this going but something happened this week that really put a fire under me so here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment