Thursday, February 18, 2016

Who Gets to Decide on the Wild West: Open Carry in TX

Open carry is allowed in Texas now.

I'm going to be honest. I'm fine with open carry...as long as I don't get shot if someone is trying to take out a criminal.

But, I honestly don't understand the rationale other than "I want to do what I want to do". I was even shocked to hear Michael Berry, local conservative radio talk show host, admit that he hadn't heard any solid reasons to advocate for it other than to dissuade criminals. Yet, if I were a criminal, and I'm not, and I wanted to rob an establishment, I'd target the open carriers first. I'd take out my competition. I think you're honestly putting a target on yourself.

My biggest problem with the whole drama once the law went into effect was people bashing businesses and schools for not allowing open carry on their grounds. It seems to me that the majority of the people for open carry are along the conservative vein of politics. This is traditionally the side that is pro business, especially local/small business. Shouldn't they have the right to decide what happens or doesn't happen on their property? And to take the care of their customers out of it, I'm sure they want as many people spending money there as possible. I'm sure they took into consideration that if people knew they intentionally allowed open carry they would choose to shop elsewhere. I personally know people who have said so. And you know what, according to the law (have you even read the law) they have the right to do so. How dare they exercise their right?!

I would go as far as to say that the majority of the people supporting open carry supported businesses opting out of The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) due to it infringing on their religious beliefs. How come they can't opt out of open carry? What happen to your support of them making decisions for their own business?

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I haven't witnessed someone open carrying yet. Fact is, I'd trust someone open carrying and having their CHL because I bet they know more about the use of a firearm than the next person.

Listen to the broadcast of the Michael Berry Show where he talks with Tom Gresham, host of Gun Talk.
The Michael Berry Show

No comments:

Post a Comment