Saturday, March 1, 2014

Need...SLEEP



I…am…TIRED! All day I've felt like the teens in Nightmare on Elm Street who were trying to stay awake so as to not to dream. The difference is, I want to sleep!

Our second daughter, Adeline Grace, was born two weeks ago tomorrow (which I’ll write about soon). Like I mentioned in a previous post, we breast feed on demand, so Erika offers herself to Adeline whenever she is hungry, day or night. Since I’ve gone back to work and she has to give, give, give all day I try to give Erika as much straight uninterrupted sleep as possible. But, last night we had a three hour photo session so that threw everything off. So, I didn’t get to bed until 4AM. And, I had a class to be at at 9AM! I was definitely a good 15 minutes late.

I had to make it through that 7 hour class. I had to stay awake, think, talk, take part in activities, oh yeah and drive there and back. All bad ideas.

I did have a pretty entertaining evening when I got home though. My sister-in-law, nephews, and niece came over. For some reason my nephews have been obsessed with trying to see my chest hair. I don’t know why. They always ask to see it and I tell them no. It's just a little weird to lift my shirt for 3 boys. And what if my natural chest jungle is not satisfying to them. I don't know if I can take that kind of rejection. But probably due to weakness due to lack of sleep I gave in.

Sean Connery

Nephew: When are you going to show me your chest hair?
Me: Why do you want to see my chest hair?
Nephew: I don’t know just show me?
Me: (Lifts shirt)
Nephew: Hmmm, ok.


I was fairly disappointed with that reaction. I was hoping for awe.





The only remaining question is, “Why am I still awake?!”...this blog post. Thanks Jennifer Fulwiler!

Now to get some shut eye like this little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment